The highlight of our day in London, though, was definitely seeing our friends, the Manzano brothers of Boyce Avenue, play a gig in London. They were touring Europe for a few weeks, so we had to see their London show. Will and I were totally their band groupies -- we felt so cool wearing backstage VIP passes. The show was amazing -- hundreds of screaming fans, all there to see our friends perform. I almost caught a Boyce Avenue t-shirt that Alejandro threw into the crowd, but the 16 year-old lovestruck girl next to me wrestled it out of my deathgrip. Bloody hell.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
London Baby!
After returning from my weekend in Leicester, Will and I were off (on Sept 28) for a jaunt to London! London is only a quick one-hour train ride from Oxford, so it was easy to pop over for the day and see the sites. It had been 10 years since I studied in London during that one summer of my undergraduate years, and Will had never been, so we couldn't wait any longer to explore it. We hopped on the corny big red Bus Tour and hit all the main attractions - Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey (our favorite), Big Ben, Tower Bridge, and the Tower of London. There is just so much to see there that we're going to have to spend at least a few weekends checking it out -- I didn't even get to shop at Harrods's yet! Since Will is studying at University College London, he'll really get to know the city in depth, so I'm hoping he can show me around soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment