This week alone, let's see... I biked in it, one hand on the handlebar and the other holding an umbrella. (Sorry mom, I know it's dangerous, but desperation got the best of me. I'm no quitter!) I thought I had this under control as I stayed on empty sidewalks, away from small animals and children. But, I forgot that one of Henry's brakes is broken, so when my handlebarred hand's break didn't stop the bike on my downhill path, I just had to keep on going until I found something soft to ram. Then, to top it off, the umbrella flipped inside-out. I think my rain-biking days are numbered. (I also can't take the thought of sitting on another wet bikeseat -- it's not cool walking around looking like I've peed my pants.)
I've also been walking in it, even when it's blowing in sideways. Because I've been pressing the umbrella directly on my head (to block maximum rain), it blocks my vision, so, to the horror of some construction workers, I walked directly onto their fresh cement. And I had both feet in before I realized my shoes were stuck. Super. Also, (due to the umbrella-head-pressing), my hair got stuck in the wiring, so when the gale-force winds blew the umbrella out of my hand, my hair, and thus head, followed it. Talk about embarrassing.
Rain: 3; Vanessa: 0.
No comments:
Post a Comment