After getting back from our fantastic trip to Morocco and Portugal and reminiscing about the amazing beaches and entertaining anecdotes that we had almost forgotten (e.g. when the airport attendant asked to see our hand luggage and I held up my hands, having missed the word 'luggage' in that request, and then misreading the scale and telling him my bag weighed 278 kilos, not 27.8; I did Americans no favors in that airport), I had to buckle down to study for exams. Studying was tedious and tortuous and went on for two weeks. But it was such a fantastic relief when they were over!
Will got me these good luck flowers....

This is a picture of my friend Jennifer and I right before the final exam. (And yes, we're required to wear the crazy outfit to take exams!) On the first day of exams, you wear a white flower. If you have a second day, you wear pink. And, the last day, you wear red, to symbolize the blood you've shed over the ordeal. We all wanted to cover ourselves with red flowers. Our fingers were rubbed raw from writing for three hours straight each of the two exam days. Each day we had 3 essay questions to answer in 3 hours -- my hand was numb afterwards. At least the Examination Schools where we took them was breathtaking, so whilst frantically essay writing, we could look up at 15th century paintings, gilded ceilings, and sculptures. We literally took our exams in a museum. Oxford is amazing.
Post-exams to celebrate, Will took me for burgers and to Jack Wills (my favorite store) where I spent my weight in clothing. (pounds, get it? haha.) And then we had a great dinner with all the people from my course to celebrate. And finally, I finished the celebration -- in traditional English-style -- in a pub.

A picture of our class during the last day of class.
(And likely, at least my mom prays, the last day of class that I will ever have!)
No comments:
Post a Comment